Visit Healthscreen UK
Get in touch and get your quote today!
Posted April 24, 2019
Did you know a heat stroke can increase the body’s temperature to 106 degrees in as little as 10 to 15 minutes? – Work safe and work smart!
Heat Exhaustion Symptoms:
– Dizziness and feeling faint.
– Constant Sweating.
– Possible weak or rapid pulse.
– Shallow Breathing.
– Pale, cool or clammy skin.
– Nausea or vomiting
– Muscle cramps
– Take the person into a cool shaded or air-conditioned area.
– Make sure they are drinking plenty of water if they are conscious
– Apply cold compress and make sure they are steady on their feet due to dizziness when standing.
Heat Stoke Symptoms:
– Absence of sweating.
– Pulsating headache.
– Hot, red, dry skin.
– High body temperature.
– Nausea and vomiting.
– Strong, rapid pulse.
– May lose consciousness
– DIAL 999
– Take instant action to cool the person down- This can be done but applying a cold compress over the body, placing in a shaded area or sponge the person down with cold water.
KNOW THE SYMPTOMS, TREATMENT AND YOUR LIMITS
Remember to be proactive when working in hot environments. Take the necessary steps to avoid a heat stroke, keep an eye out for co-workers, and know how to spot the symptoms in the case of an emergency!
Hear4U are a group of fully qualified audiologists within the Leicestershire and Warwickshire area.
The UK Veterans Hearing Help have been helping Veterans receive up to £4,000 worth of funding for brand new, top of the range Hearing Aids.
Healthscreen UK Ltd provide a fully comprehensive range of Occupational Health Services from Health Surveillance to Biological Monitoring.