Hearing Aid Receivers

  Posted April 29, 2019

What is a Receiver?

If you have a Receiver in Canal type hearing aid (RIC), the ‘receiver’ or speaker, goes in to your ear canal, and is connecting to the main hearing aid by an electronic wire.

In instruments with external receivers, the core components of the hearing aid are left in a standard BTE housing while the receiver is mounted on a soft dome or a custom shell inserted in the ear canal. Using an external receiver saves space in the main housing of the instrument, so the BTE part can be dramatically reduced in size.

Each manufacturer have different receivers, and each receiver varies based on power required, size and some other factors.

Each user varies on how often they need to replace their receivers, but it’s recommended to change your receiver at least once a year in order to maximize the benefits of your hearing aids.

At HEAR4U, we stock receivers by Oticon, Phonak/Unitron, Widex and GN ReSound.

By following the below link you can see the receivers available.

Also – we offer FREE Postage on orders over £50!





Hear4U are a group of fully qualified audiologists within the Leicestershire and Warwickshire area.

Visit Hear4U Call Hear4U

UK Veterans Hearing Help

The UK Veterans Hearing Help have been helping Veterans receive up to £4,000 worth of funding for brand new, top of the range Hearing Aids.


Healthscreen UK

Healthscreen UK Ltd provide a fully comprehensive range of Occupational Health Services from Health Surveillance to Biological Monitoring.

Visit Healthscreen UK Call Healthscreen UK

Visit Hear4U

Professionally qualified Audiologists in The Midlands!

Visit Hear4U Call Hear4U on 01455 234600